Saturday, February 04, 2006

I'm new at this blog thing, so y'all will have to be patient with me. :)

I'm collecting applications for graduate school next year. Technically it'll be for the year after, since I've missed this year's cutoff date. I'm still deciding what and where. Writing? Acting? Try journalism again? Stay in L.A.? Try for Yale? I guess it's a good thing I still have a year to get things in order before applications will come due.

What I'm sure of is I don't want to stay where I am at the moment. Nothing wrong with it, it's just not what I want to do for any length of time, and I've been doing it long enough. So, I've decided to branch out from stage and on camera to voice over. A friend of mine is going to put together a demo for me, and has already been an immense help. With any luck, my voice will be marketable and sell well, and I'll be able to really afford to entertain the idea of graduate school. Should make for an interesting year.

I'm going to keep this little blog of mine low on the radar for a bit, as I'm not sure I want my real name and/or likeness floating about just yet. That may change, we'll have to wait and see how things pan out.

In keeping with the backward theme of this little post of mine, I'll let you in on a bit about li'l `ol me. As you've no doubt deduced by this point, I'm trying to eke out a career as an actor. I prefer theatre to on camera, which does indeed beg the question,

"What are you doing in L.A.?"

Finances. Pure and simple. New York, despite the presence of myriad theatres and the oh-so-talented and handsome Anderson Cooper(love the snarky humor even more), remains out of reach. I thought rent in L.A. was ridiculous, it's even worse in NYC. And it gets bloody cold there! Anything under 75, I need a sweater. Sad, I know. But I digress.

I love to read, anything I can get my hands on. I have about 1,000 books in my apartment, not including what I have stashed at my parents' house, and counting. I'm not a big TV watcher
(I know, I know), but I like Law and Order, especially SVU, Criminal Minds, CSI, Commander in Chief, National Geographic (they have their own channel now -- oh, happy day!), TLC, Discovery (when it's not some crap about sports or cars), Animal Planet, History, Bravo. I'm also a CNN junkie, and if I ever have the TV on for an extended period of time, chances are that's what I'm watching. Despite my fondness for the aforementioned Mr. Cooper, I rarely get to see his program. I work nights, and the west coast re-airing starts too early for me to catch it. Oh well. I should be in bed by that time anyway.

I welcome your comments, though it'd be nice if they'd stay on the sane side. If not sane, then intelligent, with a point and/or a well rounded argument. Otherwise, you get the delete key. :)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

There we go. Nice start, Cutie Pie. I can't wait to see more. :-)

Lots of love,
Mariusbert

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home