Saturday, February 25, 2006

Ugh.

Why is it, when you work in customer service, people feel it's okay to call in and say you did things you didn't do?

Things that put your job in jeopardy?

Do they think it's funny?

A joke?

Do they feel better now because they have enough power to get someone fired?

Writing as someone on the bad end of this one, I can tell you, it ain't great. The problem is that most businesses assume the "customer is always right" (what crap) and don't take the worker's position into account.

For example. Someone says they waited for 10 minutes to be acknowledged. Um, no. Don't think so. Not when I walk by you every five seconds.

I sincerely hope when the boss gets a hold of these people, he realizes they just want something for free and refuses to accomodate them.

I'm not holding my breath.

But I've been wrong before, and maybe I'm wrong this time as well. Who knows. But having your boss call you and tell you not to come in to work really sucks. Beyond that, it's scary. If I didn't need a job, I wouldn't have one. I wish I didn't need one. C'est la vie.

I really hope some work in my chosen field materializes soon, because I can't take much more of this.

There.

I admitted it.

Done.

sigh. . . I wish.

From my fingertips to God's eyes and ears -- please let my chosen field yield paying work so I can quit this other stuff that's smothering me!

We'll see, but I'm hopeful. Something has to happen soon.

I'll post something intelligent and worth reading in a bit.

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Holy shit, sweety. I hope this is just a bump in the road. I know how much you prefer this gig to past ones. May your boss not prove to be a dick.

Love you lots,
Marius

4:29 AM  
Blogger Akashabreeze said...

Thanks. Shocked the hell out of me. Got the call on my way in, though thankfully, not far from home. I had to pull over, I was shaking so bad. Good thoughts and prayers always appreciated.:)

love ya back! :)

11:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

some bosses have no idea of how long 10 minutes really is. just sit with a timer set for 10 minutes. it is just a "nutter" who thinks 30 seconds is 10 minutes. well. here's to all the nutters in the world. hoppe you win this one babe.

1:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home