Saturday, May 06, 2006

I wish I had an hour to write like I did yesterday, but I only have 15 minutes as I have to be at work at 6am.

I'm still tossing around ideas for a book. I've wanted to write one since I was little, I just didn't know how to go about it. Now, I can't decide where to start, and my subject requires rather extensive research as I know absolutely nothing about a substantial part of it. It's a good excuse to learn something new, though.

Yesterday I mentioned I'm learning Persian. A co-worker from Iran is teaching me, and I'm sure having quite a laugh at my butchered pronounciations. That's all right though, he can laugh if he wants. I'll get it one of these days.
I decided it may behoove me to get a book on the language, so I looked up a few texts used for university courses. They're frustratingly difficult to find, though I did locate some at UCLA. I was all excited, thinking I'd found some great sources, when I checked Amazon and found they got not-so-great reviews from people who'd used them. Which doesn't mean I won't find them useful, but it would be nice to find a really good one, or more if need be. I'm open to suggestions from my myriad readers who've studied Persian, and therefore may be able to give me some guidance in the matter. :)

And that is my rather dull post for the day. However, since I'm off tomorrow, perhaps I'll be able to come up with something more substantial; something from my cheerleading days, which will be hysterical to those of you who know me.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

"something from my cheerleading days"

What, what, WHAT!!? I can't wait to hear this one. ;-)

5:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home