Monday, May 15, 2006

The last two days were too long. 10 and 11 hours , on my feet from six to four or six to five. I can't wait until I don't have to do this any more.

A co-worker suggested I apply for internships at TV stations, but I don't think that's what I want to do. I'd rather be able to write all day. Or act, especially seeing as how that's what I came out here to do. Maybe one will lead to the other, who knows. I just hate sitting here, watching my life fly by, as I waste it in a restaurant. There has to be more than this, there has to be. I don't mind hard work, but I do mind going nowhere. If I wanted to continue in this field that I'm currently in, I'd be set -- it's one of the best in the world. But none of that matters when you wither away, little by little, every day.

I'm working on writing samples for my application for grad school, studying for the GRE, and looking for financial aid opportunitites. The school I'm planning to apply for has an excellent assistantship program, but when I called to ask about it, the lady in charge of the department told me that I basically have no chance at getting an assistantship, because I'll be competeing with people from Yale and Stanford and the like. Suckola. I told that to a girl I work with, and she was furious -- how dare they say that to people? Just because you don't have the money for an Ivy League school doesn't mean you won't be good in your chosen field. So, here's hoping I can do enough work, and strong enough work, and score well enough on the GRE, to give myself a leg up on the Ivy league rich kids. That sounds so petty, but there you are.

And the fucking kitchen sink still backs up whenever I use it.

God dammit.

The manager will be in at nine, so I'll be calling him then. If I could afford to move, I'd be out of here.

Maybe I'll post something happy later, after I get home from my meeting with the GM. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home