Tuesday, May 16, 2006

I signed up for two classes today, through the extension program at UCLA. One is a two day workshop on writing personal essays, the other a full six week summer class about fiction writing. I'm just waiting for the email confirmation of my registration. The website listed both courses as open, so I should be fine. If not. . . well, I'll pick another class.

I don't know if the credits will transfer when I apply for the MFA program, but it doesn't matter. What matters is time set aside solely for the purpose of writing, building my skills, and work for submission for publication. Not to mention, getting used to a university environment again.

Today started out on a blah note, but turned out to be not so bad. Good stuff.

Oh. Start dates. The first class starts June 24th, the second, June 27th.

I sent a letter to the union today, requesting Honorable Withdrawal status. Which keeps everybody happy, and I don't pay dues, as I won't be seeking acting work during that time. Then when I get an acting job, I notify the union, pay my base dues, and I'm back in business. Good stuff.

Now, I'm off to the grocery store. I'll try not to cause a ruckus. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home