Sunday, October 22, 2006

My neighbors were fighting when I got home from work this afternoon. They were so loud, I could hear them throwing things, and their little girl (who's 2 or 3) screaming with my door closed. FYI, there's a hallway between our apartments. The fighting got bad enough that I called 911, though I always wonder if it's truly enough of an emergency to bother with it. They apparently didn't think so -- no one ever came. I sent an email to the police department to ask if they got the call from the 911 dispatcher.
It's 7:53pm right now, just shy of two hours since I called. No one has come yet.

The moral of this story is, don't get hurt in Los Angeles--no one will come to help you.

What a sad commentary on the state of this city.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Well, the LAPD does have a reputation for being the second worst police force in the country. Only the New Orleans cops have them beat. But at least you tried. That counts for something.

2:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,

I read your comments and next time, call Child Protective Services and perhaps they can fast tract the call to the police department.

11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home