Thursday, June 15, 2006

I met Anderson Cooper the other day.

I like watching his show because he's smart, funny, and engaging, not to mention has zero tolerance for bullshit and posturing. The fact that he's also quite handsome is a lovely fringe benefit.

I bought his book, Dispatches From the Edge, due to the reasons above and because I like his writing in Details magazine.

The book is very well written; at once thought provoking and heartbreaking.

He came to Los Angeles for a signing at Book Soup, and I went with a friend from work. Not only is Anderson all of the things I stated above, in person, he is exquisitely beautiful. How one person got to be so blessed as to be that beautiful on the outside as well as the inside, I've no idea. But he is. I dream of one day finding someone like him, since my chances of actually catching him are next to zero. So I will continue to enjoy his work, and talk about it here from time to time.

Go check out his book. You'll be glad you did.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home