Wednesday, June 21, 2006

The frustrating part of writing a book is when real life intrudes.

I'd love to be able to write all day today, but I can't -- I'll be spending the next 10 hours at work. Which means I'll be jotting down ideas in my little black notebook, which I'll have to sort through later.

There's one more frustrating part -- I write in longhand (and not so well without my glasses.). I have a better connection to the work, as it were, with pen and paper than with keyboard and laughable typing skills. The term "skills" used very loosely here. Which makes for much fun when the inevitable time comes to have to send the work to someone, or post a few paragraphs here. Maybe I should seriously consider spending a day working on learning typing skills. Wouldn't that be fun!!

A friend of mine is a former trial attorney who can type well over 100 words per minute. Thankfully, he doesn't hit me over the head with it. It's a skill I wouldn't mind learning though, because this "advanced hunt-and-peck" of mine is becoming rather irksome.

Off to work. Bleh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home