Thursday, February 21, 2008

Never have I been happier to see the ass end of a year than I was 2007. Breathe a deep sigh of relief, it's over. Thank God.

I finally quit the job from hell. Problem being the one I went into is part time -- as in one day a week part time -- which they didn't tell me about until last week. Oy. So, I'm looking for another one, and will be out following up on a few things later today. I start my teacher training next Friday, which I'm really looking forward to. Yay!

One of the few things that went right last year was my voiceover workout group. My instructor's sarcastic as hell, as am I, so we take immense joy in tormenting each other. To the point that almost everyone else in class thinks we hate each other's guts. Hee! He was nice enough to walk my demo into his agent's office; though nothing came of it, I'm thankful he was willing to do it. One of the other guys from group is going to take my demo into his agent's office next week; I'm cautiously optimistic that it will work out. I have to put another mailing together, to send out to agents. I didn't move out here to be a waiter, damn it. But with all the crap I've gone through this last year, all I want to do is stay home and read. Which I've been doing a lot of this month, due to the one day a week job. Which means I need to get the hell out of here for a few hours. There's one job in particular that I'm hoping to get, because it's two nights a week and won't interfere with teaching. Between those two and the job I have now, I'll be golden, and still have days free to try to get voiceover work. Makes me happy. Maybe I should hold onto that thought until I actually get that job, or another one.

Y'all know I'm not a big TV watcher, but I do enjoy some shows. One of my new favorites is Take Home Chef, hosted by Curtis Stone, on TLC. Now, I live in SoCal, and I have never run into this guy. Ever. I see some of the places he goes, and I can't figure out where they are, because no shopping centers where I live, nor close by, have huge open parking lots. So, I don't know where he's picking people up. I did, however, recognize the Santa Monica Farmer's Market. I love that place, maybe I should put some effort into going over there more often. The restaurant biz being as incestuous as it is, I'm sure we have some acquaintances in common somewhere -- I just have to find one. How's that for one hell of a daydream, meeting a sexy Aussie chef?

Time for reality to rear its head, and for me to go bug those people about that job. I'm certainly qualified, maybe I'll get lucky. Here's hoping.

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yay! You're back!! :-)

2:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home